Using Rhetoric Prompts
I have decided on my topic, which is
Tertiary students being taken advantage of financially
I have chosen this because it is relevant to me and I think that is is broad enough but also narrow enough for me to be able to focus my ideas. I want to use the National government as the cause of the issue, and the students as victims.
In class we had to do rapid ideation of poster ideas with random words that we had to try and incorporate. I had 'cat' which I used as a metaphor for the National government, so that I could use fish or mice as the students to show distribution of power and control. Second of all I had 'farmer' which I used in a similar way, with the farmer being the government and the farm animals being unethically treated students e.g cows being milked for money. Next I had the saying 'to make a mountain out of a molehill' which I used to show how impossible it seems to get a degree with the amount of money that it costs.
I found this exercise challenging at first, but it turned out to be really useful at getting ideas and thinking about my idea in new ways. I will continue to do this with different words, brainstorm ideas and research.



No comments:
Post a Comment