Ini wehi in the environment
Introduction to ihi wehi and making observations and analysis
In our first lecture, we were introduced to the terms ihi and wehi and I have been looking at how these apply to posters around Wellington and that I have found online. I have also been considering how posters have used visual rhetoric, juxtaposition, subversion, parody, homage, satire and pastiche and considering how successful they have been.
This has been useful in giving me inspiration and learning to think about things in new ways. I have been pushed to think more about the emotional response that posters trigger, and the relationship they create with the viewer, as opposed to simply looking at how they have handled things visually. This has given me a fresh critical perspective.
This has been useful in giving me inspiration and learning to think about things in new ways. I have been pushed to think more about the emotional response that posters trigger, and the relationship they create with the viewer, as opposed to simply looking at how they have handled things visually. This has given me a fresh critical perspective.

No comments:
Post a Comment