Continuing to Collect Artist Models
I have found an old issue of the University magazine with two illustrations about the same issue, but done in a different way and style. This has given me an idea of how to approach something in two different ways. The illustrations are also, coincidentally, on the issue of inequality in education which is the topic I have been researching, and the articles themselves have proven useful in my research.
One of the illustrations has cleverly turned the dollar sign into an impossible obstacle course, in a similar way to Sebastien Thibault's work. But the second one was more emotive, and said just as much, but in a more subtle way. The second one was more suggestive, relatable and shocking, to me.
I have also been looking at New Zealand's police recruitment campaigns, which I think are quite clever in the way they use street art. They use a pastiche - celebrating Banksy's work, which also makes them appear to be equals with the audience, rather than appear to be seeming more elite and sophisticated, which may appear to be patronising.




No comments:
Post a Comment