Wednesday, 24 August 2016

25.08 Week Six / Session Two

Rationales



In New Zealand, students are taken advantage of financially. This creates inequality between students and the government. My intended audience is students and graduates who don’t realize they are victims, this is to create resistance to my issue. I have related to them by visually realizing the significance of feeling weighed down by debt. In this poster I have used paint to create pathos and depth, and a street art style figure to give it a rebellious feel. I have used a dramatic contrast in scale to create the sense that the student is overwhelmed and helpless. I have used red for my heading and anchor as it is powerful, sinister, and contrasts with the blue. The heading is partially submerged to create a sense of suffocation, claustrophobia and sinking. The viewers’ eye is guided down the page in a sinking motion to reinforce the idea of drowning.





In New Zealand, students are taken advantage of financially. This creates inequality between students and the government. My intended audience is students and graduates who don’t realize they are victims, this is to create resistance to my issue. I have related to them by visually realizing the significance of feeling trapped by debt. In this poster I have used a handmade, sketchy style to create a sense of anger and rebellion. The painted background is gloomy and gives a sense of being trapped. There is a dramatic contrast in scale between the dollar sign and the student, showing that the debt holds the power. The barbed wire dollar sign is red, as it is a sinister colour. I have used yellow text as it is an ironically happy colour, creates contrast, and is visually engaging. The white light behind the student creates contrast, which defines the figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment