Saturday, 13 August 2016

13.08 Week Four / Session Two

Starting to Refine 

I have been working on the two posters I have selected, focusing on grid, layout and things like kerning. For the first poster I have exaggerated the contrast in scale between the text and figure to add a sense of power. I have also created a glow behind the figure to make it stand out with the aid of contrast. For the second, I have tightened up the text, as well as making it bolder and kerning it, to make it more powerful. I have centred the figure so it is more noticeable, and lifted it up from the bottom of the poster to create a sense of movement. 

I have also decided on an association to make the poster for; NZUSA (New Zealand Union of Students' Associations). And have begun to explore more body text that will add to the information of the poster and state a call to action, which is to stand up for student rights. 

At the moment I definitely think that my second poster is the stronger of the two because of the strong concept and negative space. This is something I will need to work on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment